JavaScript in WebMap Popup-Configuration

04-29-2020 04:29 AM
UlfGrimhardt1
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

is it possible to use JavaScript in the HTML Code in the PopUp-Configuration?

Instead of attributes i would like to use a json file to show informations of specific Features.

I hope someone can help!

Greetings from Germany

Ulf

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Ulf Grimhardt,

Did you have a look at the ArcGIS API for JavaScript?

In the Sample Code you will find a lot of nice examples of what you can do with popups, e.g.

HTH,

Egge-Jan

0 Kudos
UlfGrimhardt1

Hi Egge-Jan,

thanks for the reply. I am afraid this is nothing i could use in the standard web app builder, right?

Ulf

0 Kudos
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Ulf Grimhardt,

For  map to be used in a web app, build with the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, you can configure the popup in the MapViewer.

Did you try something in the Custom Attribute Display? (see screen capture below)

BR,

Egge-Jan

0 Kudos
UlfGrimhardt1

Yes i tried that, i'm afraid that i can use HTML but no JavaScript in the Display.

0 Kudos
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Ulf Grimhardt,

Did you have a look at Avenue, oh, no, sorry not Avenue, but Arcde? Did you have a look at the use of Arcade to configure your popup?

You might find some hints following this thread: https://community.esri.com/thread/207291-javascript-in-arcgis-online 

BR,

Egge-Jan

0 Kudos
mohansh1
New Contributor

Hi, I have the same question as @UlfGrimhardt1. I haven't found the solution yet also, it seems the Arcade doesn't seem to work now. Any further suggestion on how to config popup using the js?

0 Kudos