Issues with AppBuilder Bookmark config

Jump to solution
01-31-2022 12:49 PM
RoseF
by
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to configure the Bookmark widget in AppBuilder but the screen won't load completely. I can change the "name" of the widget to "Bookmarks" but can't change anything else. I'm able to click "OK" or "Cancel" to exit the config window.

When deployed in the app, the widget isn't functioning properly -- the user can't "Add bookmark" and the bookmarks from the web map (clearly checked "on") don't appear.

I haven't had any problems with this in the past but perhaps I'm forgetting something. Thanks for your help!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BryndaHatch
Esri Contributor

Rosemary,

I have a solution for you. 

1. re-open your web map and switch to the Map Viewer Classic.  

2. check that your bookmarks are still there

3. save your web map

4. now go back to your WAB configuration screen.

5. remove the bookmark widget

6. click save

7. re-add the bookmark widget.

Your bookmarks should appear.  You will also be able to add new bookmarks in the app.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
BryndaHatch
Esri Contributor

I am able to reproduce your problem.  I will see if I can get more info on it.

BryndaHatch
Esri Contributor

Rosemary,

I have a solution for you. 

1. re-open your web map and switch to the Map Viewer Classic.  

2. check that your bookmarks are still there

3. save your web map

4. now go back to your WAB configuration screen.

5. remove the bookmark widget

6. click save

7. re-add the bookmark widget.

Your bookmarks should appear.  You will also be able to add new bookmarks in the app.

RoseF
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much! I was able to test it out last night in the Classic Map Viewer and noticed that if I saved my map in Classic, the bookmarks worked. It's good to know the workaround, though, so I can save in the new Map Viewer.

Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Curt_H
by
New Contributor III

Honestly this business of having to go back and forth from new viewer to old viewer back to new viewer whether its for bookmarks or to copy layers or whatever. It seems to be the common required workflow to get many things done between maps and apps and other functionality. I for for one find this tiresome. Changing back and forth does have additional impacts on the map which usually need addressing each time. I realize some of  these issues may arise from the different versions of JavaScript but......

RoseF
by
Occasional Contributor

@Curt_H I agree it's tiresome and I also worry that every time I do it, something different will break in the map. My hope is that this issue will be resolved as new versions are released or updates are made. Fingers crossed!

0 Kudos
Douglas_Sauer
New Contributor III

Reverse engineering; move forwards by stepping backwards.☹

Had the same issue (web map w/ saved bookmarks --> WAB bookmark widget <> ♥) and so opened the web map in classic, confirmed bookmarks exist, saved as classic web map prior to refreshing WAB to confirm bookmarks carried forward. They did BUT the thumbnail images did not so opted for a list rather than having to create a whole slew of new individual custom bookmarks directly in WAB.

You can't create bookmark thumbnails in classic, right? Just name and extent/scale???

@BryndaHatch - is this in the queue for a fix?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you all for reporting this, we are working on fixing these issues.

0 Kudos
ArcGIS_OnlineAdmin
New Contributor II

Just an update on this. I am having the exact same issue in my Bookmark Widget with WAB on our 10.9.1 Portal. Any updates on this or will I pull the trigger and follow @BryndaHatch above 7 step plan. We are so tired of these types of work arounds when dealing with these ESRI AGO/Portal apps... UGH...

0 Kudos
PashaBell
New Contributor II

Any updates on this issue Alix?

0 Kudos