Issue with editing hosted feature layer attribute table in AGOL

07-25-2018 09:44 AM
mingster
New Contributor III

I published a hosted feature layer to AGOL that allows users to create, update, and delete point features. Initially, we were able to add a point to the map and complete the fields in the attribute table. However, what is happening now is the data I enter disappears as soon as I click on the next field in the table. Also, the date field auto populates to 12/29/1899 and reverts to this date when I try to change it. Oddly, this isn't an issue when we add a point using Collector - we can fill in the fields, but the date still defaults to 12/29/1899.       

I didn't make any changes to the layer's definition after publishing, so I don't understand what is happening. I appreciate any insight on this.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III

Did you disable then re-enable sync by any chance?

0 Kudos
mingster
New Contributor III

I don't recall if I did that. At the moment it is enabled. Should it be disabled?

0 Kudos
RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III

No I would leave it enabled. I know there is a bug where disabling then re-enabling sync can cause issues similar to those you're describing. Tech support recommended always enabling sync at the time of publishing (even if you don't think you'll need it) and leaving it enabled.

0 Kudos
mingster
New Contributor III

Good to know. I will keep that in mind for future layers. Thank you Rob.

0 Kudos
LeaHarper3
New Contributor III

For the date issue... Is the date field marked as required and doesn't allow NULL values? If so, that may be the problem. 

You can try modifying the field to not be required and to allow NULL values, and as long as the data type of the field is "date", AGOL's date selector when editing will default to the current date.

mingster
New Contributor III

Yes, the date field was set to not allow NULL values. I don't know how to modify it in AGOL to allow NULLs, so I tried to add a new date field to the table to see if I can re-enter the dates. Instead of 12/29/1899 populating in the cell, I get "Error Accessing Data".  This is also happening with the other fields in this layer when I try to modify information in the attribute table. Not sure what else changed to cause this new issue.

0 Kudos
LeaHarper3
New Contributor III

What I'm about to say is something I find annoying (so forgive me for being a hypocrite, lol), but have you cleared the browser's cache just to rule out that it isn't stuck on an old setting and causing conflict?

Otherwise, it would be a little extra work, but you could try recreating the layer completely (with the fixed field settings) and publish that. I've had to do it once before and that fixed the problem... in my case I think it just got hung up on something while publishing and then caused something weird behind the scenes.

mingster
New Contributor III

I am probably experiencing the same problem as you did. I'm going to recreate it to avoid any further issues that may arise. Thanks for the feedback.  

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Were you able to get this issue fixed? It sounds like there may be an issue with how the date picker is selecting the input values and is then applying a poor default. If the layer and map are shareable, please share them with this post, if not, I'd suggest getting in touch with tech support so they can work with you and your layer specifically.

-Kelly