I updated the collector for arcgis app but I am finding it difficult streaming when to map an area or line. I keep on getting, "poor gps accuracy, streaming would resume when gps acquires location.

04-22-2020 07:33 PM
NDA-GISGhana
New Contributor III

I went to the field with my team but we were unable to map the various farms. Each tablet or phone the same message as poor gps accuracy. Your urgent response to assist us would highly appreciated to enable us ascertain the various farm lands. Thank you.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Do you need super high accuracy for your data collection? If it's not critical, you could lower the accuracy threshold in the app settings for a quick fix. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

What device model and Android OS version are you using? We are investigating a problem likely related to this.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
NDA-GISGhana
New Contributor III

They were different phone and tablets. We had Samsung S7 with Android version 8, Infinix Note 2 with Android version 6, Tecno with Android version 7. I even tried my iPad but the same feed especially if you are working offline. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

It does not sound like the same issue we are investigating as this issue was specific to Android 10 devices. It could be a device limitation. Devices can come with a wide range of built in GPS capabilities (or none at all). Getting in contact with the manufacturer is the best way to find out to what extent GPS is supported. If there is no GPS chip in the device it will attempt to pull locations from Wifi/bluetooth or other sources and the resulting fix will be dramatically less accurate. The Samsung S7 (should) support GPS/NMEA and therefore could potentially get accuracy up to ~ 10ft/3m in ideal conditions. I cannot speak for the other devices.

What are the accuracy readings you are receiving and consequently what is the accuracy threshold you have set in the app (default is 30ft)? Also, are you using Collector or Collector Classic?

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos