Select to view content in your preferred language

How to update a hosted feature class with a zipped fgdb in AGOL

2 weeks ago
SanchezNuñez
Occasional Contributor

Good afternoon

For testing purposes I created a fc with one field USERID and published the layer in AGOL, using ArcGIS Pro and published the fc as a  web layer. Now the fc is a hosted feature layer in AGOL.

Also I zipped the FGDB with this feature class, and now I am trying to test the option to Update data ->  Update Data using a FGDB.

After I select my zipped FGDB it shows the screenshot attached, but it does not allow me to select the field USERID in the Origin combo box, because only the file OBJECTID is listed.

The combo box  Uploaded Field, shows all fields after I select ObjectID.

What am I missing?

MissingFields.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
timcneil
Esri Contributor

Hi @SanchezNuñez , 

It looks like you are trying to update your existing dataset with a FGDB. To do this you must specify a unique identifier field found in both the original and uploaded file (shown in your screenshot above). 

If I'm understanding correctly, you want to be able to select the USERID field for the original field combo-box? Is the USERID field specified as unique in your hosted feature layer? You can determine this by looking at the detailed field view in the Data tab: 

timcneil_0-1719580742798.png

If you set the USERID field as unique, it should appear as an option in the original field combo-box.

For more info on the Update Data experience try checking out this section of the blog here.

Thanks, 

Taylor

0 Kudos