Select to view content in your preferred language

GIS Professional Basic now has less functionality than a Creator

3 weeks ago
Labels (1)
AnthonyJonesRSK
Occasional Contributor II

I've been looking through the latest ArcGIS Online update and there's some great stuff in there but we have spotted an issue with new licence changes. 

Whilst GIS Pro Standard and Advanced licences have been updated to Professional and Professional+ respectively we noticed that GIS Professional Basic licences have not been converted to Creator licences. This is generally fine as it means we don’t have to update our internal records as much but we noticed that a Pro Basic licence now actually has less functionality than a Creator licence. My colleague had set up a number of notebooks in AGOL and found that she lost access to them this morning as she has a Pro Basic licence. Below is a list of some of the additional licences showing with a Creator that are not showing under a GIS Pro licence but I would have thought they should have licence parity. A Pro Basic should surely have access to the likes of the Field Maps Designer for example like they did before the update. I'm assuming this is an oversight but if someone could look into this it would be much appreciated.

AnthonyJonesRSK_0-1719480878530.png

Thanks

Anthony

3 Replies
RichardHowe
Occasional Contributor III

Agree this needs investigating. It's all very well enacting changes, but ESRI needs to ensure that no customer is worse off then they were before they were unilaterally implemented.

MalloryDelgadillo
Esri Contributor

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your observations with us. We truly value your input as it plays a crucial role in the smooth implementation of our updates.

The migration from GIS Professional Basic to Creator is underway, and some users may see the end result sooner than others.

Users who had access to ArcGIS Pro (Basic, Standard, or Advanced) via their user types before this update will continue to have access, and as you noted, more functionality has been added to your new Creator user types.  

Thanks to your feedback regarding ArcGIS Notebooks and ArcGIS Field Maps Designer, this issue has now been resolved. Please let us know if you experience any further issues. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this update process. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we are here to support you every step of the way.

Warm regards, 

The Esri Product Team 

0 Kudos
AnthonyJonesRSK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Mallory,

Thanks for your response. I've just looked and can see that the GIS Professional Basic role has now been updated but still doesn't have all the functionality of a Creator licence e.g. access to data pipelines and the new web editor appear to be missing (see below). Is this something that is still being updated?

AnthonyJonesRSK_0-1719580343387.png

Also, are we likely to see our GIS Professional Basic licences converted to Creator licences during this process?

Thanks

Anthony