Select to view content in your preferred language

How to get storage credit usage by Group in AGOL?

2 weeks ago
JoeBryant1
Occasional Contributor III

I'm wondering if other AGOL administrators have found a way to generate a report of storage (and the resultant credits usage) by Group within your org. I would like to find a way to estimate how much storage a particular group needs, and hopefully estimate how many credits they would require to host their content in their own AGOL org.

I have tried the standard reports available, as well as those available from GEO Jobe, but have not found a way to break the storage out by Group. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Trevor_Hart
Occasional Contributor

Joe you could look at something like Qonda Reports which captures all storage info and allows you to report on this by group. 

Trevor_Hart_0-1720739143541.png

JoeBryant1

Very slick. I'll keep that in mind if I ever get to the point I can justify the budget.

Anyone else have a more cost-effective solution specifically for Group content? I basically had to make a list of all the feature services in a group and cross reference them in the stock Storage report from AGOL.

0 Kudos
Trevor_Hart
Occasional Contributor

You might be able to get the info from Danny Krouks enterprise reporter app. I dont know if it has the relationship between groups and items though (it probably does).

https://github.com/dannykrouk/gisenterprisereporter

0 Kudos
FraserHand

Hey there,

easiest way would be to use the Esri Python API, You can run this from a script, Python window in ArcGIS Pro or a notebook. You can get a group from the group manager then from there query the content for that group.

from arcgis import GIS

gis = GIS(yoururl,un,pw)

content = gis.groups.get(grp_id).content()

for item in content:

dosomething

JoeBryant1

OK, I can work with that. I just need to add the item size to a list and sum the list. Using something like this...

item = gis.content.search(item_name)[0]
item_id = gis.content.get(item.id)
item_size = item_id.size/1024/1024

and

total = 0

for item in content:

total += item_size

return total

I'll see if I can get it working and post back.