How to download photos from a hosted feature layer

Jump to solution
03-08-2022 01:13 PM
ACA
by
New Contributor II

I have a hosted feature layer "TREEINSPECTIONS" that contains a related inspection table and associated photos. The photos are visible through Field Maps.

I have tried downloading the  "TREEINSPECTIONS"  feature layer, which includes the related inspection table but there are no photos included in the download. I am downloading as a FGDB. See image below.

Am I doing something wrong to get the photos?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

You'll need to run a script to extract the BLOB data from the table and create the image files. You can follow this workflow to do that.

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000017450

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

When you download the fgdb, it should include all layers and tables unless you've specified otherwise with a query. The photo data is stored as BLOB data in the table with _ATTACH

Katherine_Clark_0-1646774191503.png

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
ACA
by
New Contributor II

Thanks Katherine:

I see the name of the photo in the _ATTACH table but where is the actual photo? I don't see it in the downloaded zip file.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

You'll need to run a script to extract the BLOB data from the table and create the image files. You can follow this workflow to do that.

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000017450

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
ACA
by
New Contributor II

Thanks Katherine!

This worked perfectly!

0 Kudos