Hosted Feature Layer View

02-25-2019 08:05 AM
MichaelRichey
New Contributor

I created a "hosted feature layer view" so features can be added to this layer. Made the necessary adjustments in "Settings".

However, when I select "Edit" on this layer view, I get a message indicating "Feature creation is disabled for all layers".

What did I miss ?

Thanks, Mike-

0 Kudos
12 Replies
KhaledHassen
Esri Contributor

Please check the view "IsUpdatableView". Normally the default is false which would prevent you from editing.

You can go the feature service update definition admin API and pass:

https://.../myOrg/arcgis/rest/admin/services/myServiceName/FeatureServer 

{"isUpdatableView" : true}

Khaled Hassen

Online Feature Service Lead 

0 Kudos
MichaelRichey
New Contributor

Hi Khaled:

Appreciate your reply to my question.

I understood the part about the default is probably set to false and setting {"isUpdatableView" : true}

Where is that set ?

Everything else after that I did not understand. According to what I have read online, there should be a much more straightforward approach. If I’m wrong , let me know.

Thanks, Mike-

0 Kudos
KhaledHassen
Esri Contributor

Sorry if I was not clear.

In order to set the view to be updatable you will need to use the feature service admin API. 

This is where you can change the default. You can also specify this property when creating a new view service.

As I have mentioned above, pl. use the rest/admin API as specified in the example above and then pass the json I have specified above.

The admin API of the feature service follows the following url pattern. Pl. replace the url below with your view service url.

https://.../myOrg/arcgis/rest/admin/services/myServiceName/FeatureServer 

Thanks

Khaled Hassen

0 Kudos
MichaelRichey
New Contributor

I’ll have to get with our GIS Manager on this.

0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mike,

Would it be possible to post a screenshot of your feature layer view settings (where you configured editing)? It might just be a setting that needs to be updated.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
MichaelRichey
New Contributor

Hi Chris:

This is for my hosted feature layer view.

Mike-

0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Awesome thanks..everything seems to be ok for the settings. Would it possible to share the layer privately so I can check it out? If so, you can invite my account to a private group the layer is shared with: cwwhitmore

Cheers, 

Chris

0 Kudos
MichaelRichey
New Contributor

OK, made a group “ESRI Redlands” and added you to it based on: cwwwhitmore

Received a tip that "IsUpdatableView" is set to false in feature layer service.

Have no idea how to check/change that.

Mike-

0 Kudos
KhaledHassen
Esri Contributor

Mike,

As I have explained isUpdatableView false means you will not be able to edit unless you use the feature service admin API to turn it ON.

Pl. check the solution I have above. Not really sure if we have a UX to turn it ON.

Solution is very simple. Go the admin endpoint of the feature service view and execute updateDefinition and pass

{"isUpdatableView" : true}

This is all what you really need to do. We can do it for you if we have admin access to your service.

Khaled Hassen

0 Kudos