Grouped Layers and Operations Dashboard

07-23-2020 06:57 AM
LakshmiSankaran
Occasional Contributor

I am using the Group Layers function in the AGOL Map Viewer Beta. However, when I bring that map into the Operations Dashboard, the layers do not appear grouped, but just as two different layers to check on and off. This seems to defeat the purpose of grouped layers. Am I missing something?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
JShi_EsriStaff
Esri Contributor

Hi Lakshmi,  

The behavior of group layers you observed in Map Viewer beta with ArcGIS Dashboards (former name: Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS, built on top of JavaScript API 3.x) is expected.

ArcGIS Dashboards beta (built on top of JavaScript API 4.x) is not supporting the group layers now in Map Viewer beta, but it's on the roadmap. 

Hope it helps. 

Julia 

0 Kudos
LakshmiSankaran
Occasional Contributor

Thank you

0 Kudos
DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi @JShi_EsriStaff,

I saw this thread and wanted to find out if the group layer function was available yet in Operations Dashboard beta? I was recently tasked with grouping layers in the operations dashboard legend so that full groups of layers could be turned on or off. Please provide an update as to whether this has been implemented yet.

@LakshmiSankaran, can you provide any insight as to whether you have had any luck implementing this feature?

Thank you,

Dustin Baumbach, PhD

0 Kudos
JShi_EsriStaff
Esri Contributor

Hi Dustin, 

Thanks for your inquiry. Group layers will be supported in the next update of Dashboards Beta, which is currently planning to be released at the beginning of 2021. 

Regards, 

Julia

0 Kudos
LakshmiSankaran
Occasional Contributor

Dustin

While the beta map allows grouping, the grouping does not carry when the map is embedded in a Dashboard. This is still true as of today,

Thanks

0 Kudos
AdminAccount2
Occasional Contributor II

@JShi_EsriStaff ,

As of today, I am still unable to use group layers in Dashboards. Group layers do not display in the legend, nor the map when viewed on a map within the dashboard. Can you confirm that this functionality is active as of today? 

0 Kudos
JShi_EsriStaff
Esri Contributor

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out. I highly encourage you to contact with Technical Support to further triage your issue with group layers. Tag my colleague @SandraLuken1 for the awareness. 

Regards, 

Julia

0 Kudos
CharlesHutchinson1
New Contributor II

Hi, I've been updating maps in dashboards to use the new map viewer and take advantage of grouped layers which have been coming through successfully to the dashboard. However, any grouped layers are no longer available for use in filters. Is this expected behaviour or am I missing something? 

Thanks

Charles

0 Kudos
JShi_EsriStaff
Esri Contributor

Hi Charles,  can you please describe the details you encountered that your group layers can't be used in filters? Is it in Map element or a specific element?  

0 Kudos