Select to view content in your preferred language

error while trying to publish to portal

Jump to solution
08-14-2024 08:34 AM
Laura_m_Conner
Regular Contributor

All,

I am trying to publish a point layer (storm water Discharge Points) to portal. When I went trough the process it returned with: 

Server Response: Error code: 500 Description: Internal server error. Message: Service Hosted/Storm_Discharge_Points/MapServer not found  

I looked up the error and checked the space on the drive and the if it was read only. There is plenty of room on the drive and the drive is in read and wright mode. what should I check or do next to troubleshoot the problem. I need to get the layer published.  

Pro 3.3.1

Thanks in Advance

Laura

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
CodyPatterson
Frequent Contributor

Hey @Laura_m_Conner 

Just to be sure, you checked the space on the Data Store machine along with the read-only status?

To check the read-write status, you can run describedatastore on the Data Store machine. Along with this, did you notice any errors in the ArcGIS Server logs? It may give you insight into the issue.

Finally, would it be possible to create a copy of the project, and attempt to publish from the copy?

Hope that helps!

Cody

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Frequent Contributor

Hey @Laura_m_Conner 

The logs would be viewable from the ArcGIS Server Manager site, typically in this format:

https://<arcgis-server-url>/<WebAdaptor>/manager/log.html

I would attempt to republish the point layer and observe the logs around the time of failure.

When I stated to copy the project, what you could do, is save the project to a file, navigate to the aprx file that it then saves, right click copy, and then paste it into another location. Once done, I would attempt to reopen the project that you pasted, and attempt a publish from there.

Cody

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CodyPatterson
Frequent Contributor

Hey @Laura_m_Conner 

Just to be sure, you checked the space on the Data Store machine along with the read-only status?

To check the read-write status, you can run describedatastore on the Data Store machine. Along with this, did you notice any errors in the ArcGIS Server logs? It may give you insight into the issue.

Finally, would it be possible to create a copy of the project, and attempt to publish from the copy?

Hope that helps!

Cody

0 Kudos
Laura_m_Conner
Regular Contributor
Cody

yes I checked Data Store machine along with the read-only status. The drive had plenty of room and it is in read and wright mode.

How do I get to the logs to check them?

I am not sure what you mean by: would it be possible to create a copy of the project, and attempt to publish from the copy?

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Frequent Contributor

Hey @Laura_m_Conner 

The logs would be viewable from the ArcGIS Server Manager site, typically in this format:

https://<arcgis-server-url>/<WebAdaptor>/manager/log.html

I would attempt to republish the point layer and observe the logs around the time of failure.

When I stated to copy the project, what you could do, is save the project to a file, navigate to the aprx file that it then saves, right click copy, and then paste it into another location. Once done, I would attempt to reopen the project that you pasted, and attempt a publish from there.

Cody

0 Kudos
Laura_m_Conner
Regular Contributor
Cody

yes I checked Data Store machine along with the read-only status. The drive had plenty of room and it is in read and wright mode.

How do I get to the logs to check them?

I am not sure what you mean by: would it be possible to create a copy of the project, and attempt to publish from the copy?

0 Kudos