Elevation layers not being rendered in arcgis online

Jump to solution
05-12-2021 11:57 PM
Labels (3)
rayankothari
New Contributor II

I am trying to publish Elevation layers  created from aerial imagery  in arcgis online from arcgis pro.

the publishing part is successful but when I view it in the scene viewer there is no elevation in the map even though the layer has loaded without errors. 

to confirm that the data does not have any problem I tried publishing the same data onto Arcgis enterprise with the same configurations  and thee it is working as expected. 

I have attached the screenshot showing a elevation layer that is working on enterprise but not on arcgis online

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Publishing the hosted elevation layer I see this with just the hosted elevation layer on and the world elevation disabled.

RussellRoberts1_0-1622027253950.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the tpk that is generated when you publish to online?  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
rayankothari
New Contributor II

what do you mean by the tpk?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

It’s a tile package. To publish hosted elevation layers to AGO  the elevation tiles come from a tpk.  If you go under my content you should see your elevation layer and tpk associated with it. 

0 Kudos
rayankothari
New Contributor II

This is the tpk file(inside the zip) does this help? 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Publishing the hosted elevation layer I see this with just the hosted elevation layer on and the world elevation disabled.

RussellRoberts1_0-1622027253950.png

0 Kudos
rayankothari
New Contributor II

thank you so much for your help ! 

can i know what spets you took to publish this ?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If I remember correctly I published the tpkx you shared. I think you need to make sure you disable the world elevation in your web scene if you want to see it. 

0 Kudos