3 weeks ago
Labels (2)
DennisonCoomer
New Contributor

Hello!

I have two hosted feature layers.

1. Polygon/shape file of County boundaries 
  2. Point layer which represents locations of infrastructure

I am trying to create a relationship between the two that is dynamic as the point layer is updated regularly to reflect the status of each piece of equipment.

The end goal is to create a hosted view of the County Boundaries in which only the counties who have infrastructure whos status = impacted show on the map. This way we can show high levels of an area that has a problems with out giving the specific location of the issue. 

I can create joined feature layers but so far it's only a static snapshot in time. I'm looking for the relationship to be dynamic as the point layer is edited through a webapp almost daily.  

Ideally it would be great to have a attribute that counts the total number of locations in a given county that is impacted if possible so we can show this county has no impacts but this one has 5 for example, but for now i'de settle for just being able to make the county change color if the status of an item within it changes with out having to create new layers every time. 

I apologize in advance for my terrible explanation, new to GIS as a whole, and learning as I go. 

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
0 Replies