Display Numeric Value as Currency

Jump to solution
11-16-2017 05:39 AM
RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

I am working with a feature service layer on ArcGIS online.  I have data in an integer field that I would like to display as currency.  I didn't see any options to configure the integer in currency format.

I tried to use the field calculator to convert the numeric data to text.  In this field type I am able to add the $ in front of the number, but do not see how to insert the thousands separator on the data.

Is their a field calculation or expression that will do this in ArcGIS Online?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rachel,

An easier approach may be to create a custom pop-up.  You can add a $ in front of your numeric field.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
JakeSkinner

Hi Rachel,

An easier approach may be to create a custom pop-up.  You can add a $ in front of your numeric field.

RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jake,

This was helpful--though it would be nice to have field formatting options similar to the desktop versions.

Thanks

JakeSkinner

One thing you can do is add the hosted service to ArcMap and create a local copy.  You can perform your edit on the Text field, and then re-sync your edits back to the hosted service.

RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for this option as well!  It does seem a bit clunky just to achieve a field format.  

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Rachael Chasse‌, 

Thanks for up-voting this idea, but I wanted to link it to this question so others can find it and upvote.

https://community.esri.com/ideas/5863

XanderBakker

As a side note, remember that you can also use a little bit of ArcGIS Arcade | ArcGIS for Developers to format the currency:

Resulting in examples like:

and 

RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

Hi Xander,

This is what I was hoping to find.  I haven't used Arcade yet, but this seems like it would work well.  I tried a few similar approaches but didn't have the syntax right.  Thanks for the tip!

RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I know this post is rather old, but it's exactly what I wanted, but I also have another step, default formatting for French language currency is supposed to be like "150 000 $" with a space instead of a comma, however in the formatting it just breaks it and if I use "### ### $" it gives me "150000 ### $" instead. Is there a simple way to do this?

0 Kudos
RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kelly!

0 Kudos