Disappearance of custom colors on ArcGIS online map

Jump to solution
04-14-2020 04:16 PM
ChrissyEsposito
New Contributor

Hi all, 

We created about 50 maps using our company's hex #s for the symbology-- but at some point today the mapping colors suddenly all became grayed out. See attached picture. 

The custom colors stick around for a while, but then randomly change to gray. 

Is there a way to troubleshoot this or is ArcGIS unable to support custom colors?

Thanks!

-C

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Chrissy Esposito‌,

One thing you could look at is the ArcGIS Online Assistant (ArcGIS Online Assistant ). It has the ability to inspect the json of a webmap and can show you the colour values of your map. Here is a simple sample I have showing where to check the color:

I've used this to setup custom colors before when I haven't had access to ArcGIS Pro. Try setting a couple of values in here and then give it some time and see they revert back.

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Chrissy Esposito‌,

One thing you could look at is the ArcGIS Online Assistant (ArcGIS Online Assistant ). It has the ability to inspect the json of a webmap and can show you the colour values of your map. Here is a simple sample I have showing where to check the color:

I've used this to setup custom colors before when I haven't had access to ArcGIS Pro. Try setting a couple of values in here and then give it some time and see they revert back.

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

BobGriest
New Contributor II

I have the same problem but yet I cannot understand what I can do to correct it. I followed your directions but nothing occurs.  If you can please help.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
BobGriest
New Contributor II

It is now a week later and despite working the last 7 days on this I cannot get anything to activate or open. Due to my past experiences on the internet, this entire site must be a scam!  Bob

0 Kudos
Paul_Duffy_Waters_of_LIFE
New Contributor

Hi Bob, 

I was having the same issue. Not sure if you are Sharing from ArcGIS Pro, but I found this solution worked for me - https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-questions/maps-uploaded-from-pro-losing-symbology-colors... 

Thanks, 

Paul

0 Kudos
BobGriest
New Contributor II

Paul, working with these computers is a little too complicated for me to understand.  I will never achieve my goal.  Thanks anyway, Bob 

0 Kudos