Disable pop-ups on imagery

Jump to solution
12-15-2021 10:58 AM
Labels (1)
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

I'm creating a new map and I only want a pop-up on a parcel layer. I also have World Imagery from Esri on Living Atlas on my map. However, this comes with a pop-up that I don't want, but I can't get rid of it - the option is missing for imagery layers - even my own.

rburkebsrc_0-1639594679669.png

How can I shut this off?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It should be a setting in the table of contents to disable popups for a given layer. You may have to expand the Basemap container to see this particular layer and disable its popups.

jcarlson_0-1639596027002.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

I see. Looks like this is an equivalency issue - I was in the new map viewer. I was able to fix by expanding the group in Map Viewer Classic. Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It should be a setting in the table of contents to disable popups for a given layer. You may have to expand the Basemap container to see this particular layer and disable its popups.

jcarlson_0-1639596027002.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

I see. Looks like this is an equivalency issue - I was in the new map viewer. I was able to fix by expanding the group in Map Viewer Classic. Thanks!

wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

Here's the detail if others are curious:

rburkebsrc_0-1639596975989.png

wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

Here's something curious - sharing in case it helps anyone: when I add the layer to a basemap (R click>add to basemap) in new Map Viewer and go back to Map Viewer Classic, there's no more group to open, and only one pop-up that I have to turn off:

rburkebsrc_0-1639683604548.png

I guess you could say that it is inside a group, but it's essentially the "basemap" group from new Map Viewer. It doesn't open further.

0 Kudos
JessicaJThompson
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you! I was just dealing with this!

They need to have this as an option in the new map viewer. 

RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Has this still not been added to the New Map Viewer? I need to do this, but also then if I save in the Classic Map Viewer it removes the Group Layers I want.. I can't get the basemap details to not show up in the Info tab on the Sidebar Instant App.

0 Kudos
BrandonBeethe
New Contributor

Just found out how to do this today.

On the left hand side, go to the Basemap tab. Click on your current Basemap. Expand the Base Imagery (mine is World Imagery). Then for me, clicking on 150m Resolution Metadata and unchecking "Show in basemap legend" seems to have cleared it from my popups.

DickieRigdon
New Contributor III

@BrandonBeethe This is gold Brandon. I have a seven layer basemap that I use a lot and World Imagery is one of the layers.  I normally have to start a project by going into Classic to remove the Imagery popup then rebuild all of the symbology and the other issues that Classic introduces when I return to Map Viewer. Again, great tip! Thanks for sharing!