Different Type of Feature Layer

04-11-2022 07:45 AM
BethanyCrenshaw1
New Contributor III

I have a several Feature Layers that are not listed as hosted.  I have always used hosted layers.  I am trying to use the data offline in Field Maps.  (This data was inherited from someone who left for a different job, so I am not sure how it was created.)  With hosted feature services I can go into Settings and enable sync.  These layers just show a URL.  Any ideas what type of layers these are and what their capabilities are?

Here is an example:

AGOL_different_feature_layers.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check out the details of the service. It's possible to add a feature service from another organization using a service URL. Could your former coworker have done that?

Just to give you an example, I've added a layer from outside of my organization, but wanted it accessible as a searchable Item in the portal for users making maps, etc. Looking at the URL in the lower-right of the item's Overview page, I can see that it's coming from a different org:

jcarlson_0-1649694176137.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
BethanyCrenshaw1
New Contributor III

Hi Josh,

Thank you for the suggestion.  The URL takes me to this page that says "Token Required."  So maybe it could be pulling from somewhere else.  

AGOL_Token_Required_Message.png

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Interesting. So, that "services1.arcgis.com" domain, is that what you see if you try to follow the URL to one of your regular hosted layers?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
BethanyCrenshaw1
New Contributor III

Good idea.  I checked and it looks like all of the layers have the https://services1.arcgis.com/ at the beginning.  That includes all of my regular hosted feature layers and these weird new layers that are not listed as hosted.

0 Kudos
BethanyCrenshaw1
New Contributor III

I am still researching an answer.  Hopefully I can find a way to export the data to a different format.  Currently that is not an option in ArcGIS Online for the layers in question.

0 Kudos