Creating a Web Layer with Sublayers from things already on AGOL

03-22-2021 01:40 PM
Labels (2)
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm looking for a way to combine hosted layers I already have into one large layer with multiple sublayers from AGOL.

The picture below is an example of what I'm trying to do; it was created by exporting multiple layers together from ArcGIS Pro into one layer. Is this possible to do from just within AGOL?

The alternative would be just re-exporting it from Pro, but I have several Domains set up online and I'm not sure how they'd survive the transitions if I went AGOL->Pro->AGOL, and the alternative would be recreating them if I went Pro-> AGOL.

AlfredBaldenweck_0-1616444979401.png

For reference, I need to change various permissions (editing, syncing), as well share a large number of layers with my Group. The first is very doable, just time intensive, and the second one is, too, but having a lot of layers really clutters things and makes it harder to manage.

As a sidenote: Is it possible to better organize things in groups? Like, folders? Or is Categories the best solution?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
UriGilad_EsriAu
Esri Contributor

Hi @AlfredBaldenweck,

It's not exactly what you're after, but if these multiple layers hold similar data/domains/schema, what you can do is export the layers to FGDB and then append through AGOL to the first layer (using 'Update' button) . It will put everything in the same layer, and not into multiple layers, but will be easier to manage.

If this answer solved your question or if you found it helpful please mark it accordingly to help others who have the same question.