Copy symbology and apply to it another feature layer in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
04-12-2022 01:38 PM
StefanoBertolo
New Contributor

Ciao

I found various posts related to the request in question.
There is also the following help:
Copy the symbology and apply another feature layer to it in ArcGIS Online
https://support.esri.com/en/Technical-Article/000027205

I have tried what indicated, but when I get to the screen where I should find the "ArcGIS REST Services Directory page", I find a Token request written as shown in the attached image

In your opinion, am I wrong something, or are there further steps to be taken to enable the Token?

Thank you for any suggestions.

I have the problem that for my organization, I have to create many layers each of which must be reconfigured with the same symbology. Being able to copy the symbol configuration in just a few steps would really help

Stefano

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Make sure you are signed in on you content page, then View Details for the hosted Feature Layer.

When you click the "View" button in the URL section, it should take you to the Rest Services page for that feature service (your images shows up one level from that) with a bunch of text in the URL after ?token=.

RhettZufelt_0-1649805035841.png

If you leave that entire URL in there but add "admin" between /rest and /services :

RhettZufelt_1-1649805138977.png

It should log you into that serivice as admin so you can update the definition.

May prompt you for a login with admin privelages.

R_

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Make sure you are signed in on you content page, then View Details for the hosted Feature Layer.

When you click the "View" button in the URL section, it should take you to the Rest Services page for that feature service (your images shows up one level from that) with a bunch of text in the URL after ?token=.

RhettZufelt_0-1649805035841.png

If you leave that entire URL in there but add "admin" between /rest and /services :

RhettZufelt_1-1649805138977.png

It should log you into that serivice as admin so you can update the definition.

May prompt you for a login with admin privelages.

R_

StefanoBertolo
New Contributor

Thanks

my error key was due to the fact that I did not access the page by pressing the VIEW key but making copy paste of the map link

Thanks again for the answer

0 Kudos