Select to view content in your preferred language

Checkboxes in Pop-ups on Maps

02-09-2023 08:54 AM
Labels (1)
GregButler
New Contributor

Hello!

On some of our layers for our maps we have a field titled "Assigned To:", so we can track which of our workers are assigned to certain jobs.  We often have multiple people assigned to tasks, and we want to keep track of this.  Is there a way that under our field in the pop-up for "Assigned To:", that I could pre-populate our worker's names in checkbox format so we can pick multiple employees for a job at one time?

For example, if I wanted to assign people to pave a street, I would like to put a point, fill in the other fields I have added with appropriate information, and when I get to the "Assigned To:" field, I would like to see a list of our 12 workers and click on Smith, Jones, and Charles from the check boxes.

(p.s., we tried workforce, and it won't work for this scenario for us).

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
fjramos
Occasional Contributor

I don't believe there are checkbox pop ups currently in AGOL, which would be a great addition. However, I have an idea that may or may not work for you. Create 3 or 4 fields, depending on crew size, titled "Assigned To" (Display Name) & "Assigned_To_1,2,3,etc." (Field Name) (see screenshot 1). Then add a list for each "Assigned To" with all your 12 crew members (see screenshot 2 & 3). Now when you create a point at location you can select which employees you want assigned through the drop down. (see screenshot 4). This will be more of a work around, but maybe it can work for your application.

fjramos_0-1676386372773.png

fjramos_1-1676386510856.png

fjramos_2-1676386539654.png

fjramos_3-1676386723236.png

0 Kudos