Cannot publish a tile layer from a tile package - ERROR 002934: Failed to publish web layer.

2 weeks ago
Calls
by
New Contributor

Hello, I am trying to publish a tile layer to Arc Online. I have tried a variety of methods but keep hitting what appears to be the same error. 

Method 1: 
I created a ~650MB tile package in tpk (and tpkx, have tried both) format using the Export Tile Package tool after running Manage Tile Cache on a raster mosaic, then tried the "Share Package" tool. The tile packages display correctly in Arc Pro at the appropriate scales. I get the most helpful error: "ERROR 002934: Failed to publish web layer."

Method 2: Loaded the tile package into ArcPro, right clicked and tried "Share as web layer". Again I get the error: "ERROR 002934: Failed to publish web layer."

Method 3: Went back to the original raster mosaic, right clicked and "Share as web layer". Again I get the error: "ERROR 002934: Failed to publish web layer."

Method 4: Loaded the tile package to ArcOnline using the "New Item" button on the "Content Page" and choosing the option to "create a hosted layer". Again I get the error: "ERROR 002934: Failed to publish web layer." When I examine the results, the tile package loaded and is the correct size, but zero tiles were published in the hosted tile layer. 

Method 5: Loaded the tile package to ArcOnline using the "New Item" button on the "Content Page", without choosing the "creat a hosted layer" option,  then telling ArcOnline itself to publish the tiles from the successfully loaded tile package. The tile package successfully loads, and I can see that it is the correct size. I hit "publish", and a hosted tile layer is created. However, 0 tiles are published. 

Looking up the details on the error, it appears that it may have something to do with permissions? However, I am the administrator of our company account and we have lots of credit. I am out of ideas and need a quick resolution. Any help that can be given would be most appreciated. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Calls
by
New Contributor

I contacted tech support and was put in contact with Tom. He sent me a bunch of questions then noted that my case was similar to another for which the fix had been not including zoom levels 0 or 1 in the output. 

As instructed, I created a new tile cache with Manage Tile Cache from cached scales 147914381.897889 to 564.248588, then used Export Tile Cache to create a tile package (tpk). I added this to ArcOnline via the "New Item" option, and the tile cache loaded correctly and published the tiles to the hosted tile layer without issue. Hooray! Thanks Tom

0 Kudos