Cannot disable routing for a webmap

Jump to solution
11-14-2016 01:19 PM
DanielleKulas
Occasional Contributor III

I've created a webmap and have unchecked 'routing' in the application settings for the webmap. However, the directions button is still visible in the top ribbon of the webmap when I open it.

I logged out of my account, thinking that maybe I can still see the directions tool because I'm an administrator. When I logged in to the same webmap as a user, I was still able to see the directions button and perform the routing function. Again, the routing option in the webmap settings is definitely unchecked.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue? Is this a bug? Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The routing does not apply to the map viewer. Collector will read that setting and hide the route option. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The routing does not apply to the map viewer. Collector will read that setting and hide the route option. 

DanielleKulas

Ah, I see that now. Thanks!

Is there a way to limit directions at all in the map viewer, since it is my understanding that this function uses credits?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You can disable users ability to create routes under their roles by un-checking Network Analysis under premium content

0 Kudos
DanielleKulas

That makes sense. I assume in the case where I am collaborating with ArcGIS Online members from outside my organization, whose user privileges I can't control, I just need to communicate to not use Network Analysis on the web map in the map viewer.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Anonymous users do not see the route option. If you are using WAB and have the directions widget you must associate that widget with an organizational account and that will be associated with the credit charge.

0 Kudos