Can't open hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Desktop

06-13-2019 01:14 PM
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

I uploaded a zipped shapefile to AGOL to create a hosted Feature Layer of HYDRANTS.

I can see this hosted feature layer and edit it's points in AGOL.

GOOD:  From the item's Overview page in AGOL I can open this hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Pro (2.3.3) via opening the downloaded item.pitemx file and that works fine; I can see the features and edit them.

BAD:  However, when I try to open this hosted feature layer in ArcMap (10.6.1) I get nothing.  

DETAILS:

1) When I click Open in ArcGIS Desktop/Open in ArcMap from the item's Overview page I get the "item.pitem" download; when I try to open this file, it launches a new ArcMap desktop session, but no data layers are added to the map.

2) From ArcGIS desktop, if I try to "Add Data from ArcGIS Online", I can FIND the hosted feature layer, but when I click "Add" nothing happens.

3) Finally, if I go to Add Data, My Hosted Services, I can see that layer and add it successfully.  However, I can't edit it directly.  The only way I've found to edit it is via "Create Local Copy for Editing".

I am logged in to AGOL within ArcMap desktop.

Are these differences between AGOL/Pro, and Map expected?

Jay

Jay
Washoe County GIS
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
NinaRihn

I have this problem too (#2)... Using "Add Data from ArcGIS Online", I can add feature layers from AGOL ONLY if they are feature layers that reference our GIS server..     I CANNOT add any AGOL hosted feature layers though to ArcMap using "Add Data from ArcGIS Online"...    

0 Kudos
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

Did you ever resolve this Nina?  In ArcMap 10.8 this works for me.  Can't say for sure why it works now and not previously.

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
iyau
by
New Contributor

Experiencing this problem with ArcMap 10.7.1 adding a hosted feature layer. Portal item and adding through the Add Data dialog bring in no data and no error. ArcGIS Pro 2.6.1 brings in this feature layer just fine.

0 Kudos