Can't edit Hosted Feature Layer View Domains in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
03-04-2022 01:02 PM
Labels (2)
SergioLugo_Serrato
New Contributor II

Hi all,
Does anyone know how to edit the domain of a hosted feature layer view in ArcGIS Online?

I've already tried from the REST endpoint, I also specified ' "isViewOverride": true ' but it doesn't work.

I am the creator of the data and have admin privileges.

I know it can be done because I saw it in a hosted feature layer view of an arcgis solutions, look:

this is the hosted feature layer:

SergioLugo_Serrato_2-1646427632761.png

and this is one of the many hosted feature layer view:

SergioLugo_Serrato_0-1646427361407.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SergioLugo_Serrato
New Contributor II

hi all!
once again, the best advice i could give you and give myself is "take a step back".
After a good weekend, resting and distracting myself from this issue, this morning i found a way.

Since a saw the layer view with different domain than their hosted layer in an arcgis solutions, i've searched in the documentation and found an add-in for administrate this arcgis solutions from arcgis pro.
I followed the steps in the "Install add-in" and "Add problem type domain" sections for my own layer view and it worked!

I hope this helps someone who has a problem similar to mine.
Thank you for reading and contributing to the post.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TonyContreras_Frisco_TX
Occasional Contributor III

The documentation says that the domain for a hosted feature layer view cannot be edited.

Define attribute lists and ranges 

Here is a thread that might also be helpful

Can't edit Hosted Feature Layer Domains in ArcGIS Online 

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It's possible for the domain to be in place on the layer and its view, but then the parent layer is overwritten / modified. In such a case, a view layer may "hold on" to the old configuration and be impossible to update without re-creating it.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
SergioLugo_Serrato
New Contributor II

hi all!
once again, the best advice i could give you and give myself is "take a step back".
After a good weekend, resting and distracting myself from this issue, this morning i found a way.

Since a saw the layer view with different domain than their hosted layer in an arcgis solutions, i've searched in the documentation and found an add-in for administrate this arcgis solutions from arcgis pro.
I followed the steps in the "Install add-in" and "Add problem type domain" sections for my own layer view and it worked!

I hope this helps someone who has a problem similar to mine.
Thank you for reading and contributing to the post.

0 Kudos