Calculated Field not working with data from related table

Jump to solution
05-31-2022 08:23 AM
MaryAnne_VanZuyle
New Contributor III

Working in ArcGIS Online with a feature service hosted on our ArcGIS Server Manager v 10.9.1. Using Map Viewer Forms for consumption in Field Maps app.

Field crews are using Field Maps to create Inspection Records in a table related to Water Meters. 1:M Meter:Inspections. Ultimately I would like to create a unique citation number for each inspection that records a violation of our new drought ordinance. But for now, I am testing to see if I can calculate a field in the Inspection table with the location ID of the water meter.

When I create the calculation in Arcade and hit the TEST button, the results give me a single string with the Loc_ID which is what I want to populate the attribute in the Inspections table. See attached image.

When I use a simpler calculation, such as calculating a date field using Now(), it populates correctly in Field Maps.

There is an Expression compatability notice when I create a new calculation expression: "Calculated expressions that use Feature Sets are not supported in Map Viewer." I am assuming that this is what I am running up against.

Is anyone having success doing this, perhaps in a different way?
Can any ESRI folks confirm that this is functionality that is not working in Field Maps?

Thanks in advance,
Mary Anne

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There are all kinds of bugs with relationship by name. Try using feature set by name and do the query manually with filter.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MaryAnne_VanZuyle
New Contributor III

Field Maps version 22.2.0, Build 1137.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There are all kinds of bugs with relationship by name. Try using feature set by name and do the query manually with filter.