Building a Related Table with Attachments

Jump to solution
05-10-2021 10:12 AM
HermanLouie1
New Contributor II

I'm working a Traffic Pole (Inspection, Maintenance, Painting, Installation, crazy amount of activities to a pole).  I've been reading Related adding records and I able to test the example similar to the article

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/field-mobility/improve-your-relationship-wit...

Wondering how to build a TABLE with attachments, manually in AGOL (Manhole_Inspections)?  I've used ArcGIS Pro -> Toolbox -> Data Management -> Enable Attachments but always coming up with errors.

HermanLouie1_0-1620664366850.png

HermanLouie1_1-1620664615188.png

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @HermanLouie1 - when you use the manhole inspections template, attachments are enabled by default on the related table (Manhole_Inspection). ArcGIS Online creates and manages the attachments table behind the scenes. If you select the table from the page you're on in your screenshot, you will see the "Enable Attachments" option on the right side of the table's details page.

If you go to add an inspection in the field, you will have the option to include a photo. 

You can also create a standalone table with attachments by creating a feature layer from the Content page (Content > Create > Feature Layer > Build a Layer > Table ) then enabling attachments in the same way as described above. 

I hope this helps,

-Peter 

View solution in original post

HermanLouie1
New Contributor II
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @HermanLouie1 - when you use the manhole inspections template, attachments are enabled by default on the related table (Manhole_Inspection). ArcGIS Online creates and manages the attachments table behind the scenes. If you select the table from the page you're on in your screenshot, you will see the "Enable Attachments" option on the right side of the table's details page.

If you go to add an inspection in the field, you will have the option to include a photo. 

You can also create a standalone table with attachments by creating a feature layer from the Content page (Content > Create > Feature Layer > Build a Layer > Table ) then enabling attachments in the same way as described above. 

I hope this helps,

-Peter 

HermanLouie1
New Contributor II

HermanLouie1_0-1620836708884.pngHermanLouie1_1-1620836716480.png