Bookmark export

Jump to solution
06-14-2022 01:38 AM
SimonCrutchley
Occasional Contributor III

I notice that this has been asked before and various answers have been suggested, but I maybe have a slightly different slant. I would like to be able to export bookmarks to other users so that they could open my app, in AGOL, import the bookmark, and go direct to the area of interest, effectively doing what placemarks do in GoogleEarth. I wouldn't have expected that to be too difficult, but then I'm an end user, not a developer.

Is there an easy work around?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Closest thing OOTB would be the share widget in WAB and sharing the URL.

This is 1 marker/POI per 1 URL.

RussellRoberts1_0-1655217511007.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Bookmarks cannot be exported. What is your app?

0 Kudos
SimonCrutchley

Hi Russell,

My app is just something I built using Web AppBuilder https://historicengland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=d45dabecef5541f18255e12e5cd5... to provide access to historic environment data in England. Several users have said it would be really useful to be able to look at data in the app, find the bit they're interested in and then share that with other users. This doesn't seem to be possible at the moment except by making a note of the co-ordinates and then doing a search. It strikes me that it would be useful, and I see others have asked about it in the past.

Cheers

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

it sounds like they want to select and export map data and generate a new web map (this can be done with the select widget in WAB)

or

reference your data and create a new web map centered on a place of interest.  This would require using Map Viewer or a custom app to export a new web map.

0 Kudos
SimonCrutchley

No, they just want to be directed to look at the same place; because of the nature of the data we're not giving the option to export. It is purely for consultation.

Does that make sense?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Closest thing OOTB would be the share widget in WAB and sharing the URL.

This is 1 marker/POI per 1 URL.

RussellRoberts1_0-1655217511007.png

SimonCrutchley

Hi Russell,

I'll run that past people, but I think it should work. I'll need to write some instructions about how to use it, as many of my users aren't very GIS savvy, but hopefully that will work.

Thanks again for your help 🙂 

0 Kudos