Automatically Update Oracle Data in Published Service

02-03-2021 07:28 AM
SArcher
New Contributor III

I have a spatial (layer) and non-spatial table. Both are in an Oracle Geodatabase and are Registered.  A Relationship Class has been created as well. I then Published these tables as a Map Service for use in a AGOL Dashboard. The non-spatial table gets updated frequently using Oracle. I am unable to automatically see the changes to the data in the service without having to republish and overwrite the service from ArcMap, which is not feasible to what we want to achieve.

Is there a way to update the data table in the service without having to publish each time?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I've little experience of relationship classes, especially in sde registered tables, but perhaps publishing a joined database view might be an option?

0 Kudos
Fab_the_lab
New Contributor III

Is Oracle registered in Arcgis Enterprise or AGOL? You can use "Collaboration" to do this job. In any case AGOL should not see the relations, you have to make a database view on Oracle that also contains the spatial fields.

0 Kudos
SArcher
New Contributor III

Thank you for your replys. The Relationship is not really the issue. The layers/tables and Relationship are all stored together in the Oracle Database and I can see the data there, in ArcMap, and in AGOL with no problem. I don't believe I have permissions to do a Collaboration in AGOL.

I probably should reword my question: I would like to know how do I automatically see the updated data in the map service/AGOL without having to manually republish and overwrite the service every time the Oracle Data Table has been updated?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Fab_the_lab
New Contributor III

We usually use the REST API to do this. Through a trigger we read the data from Oracle and write it on the feature layer exposed in AGOL via the REST API. But in our scenario the Database is registered on premise in ArcGis Enterprise.

An alternative can be to use the Collaboration feature. In this way you see in real time the changes on your local Oracle also on the service published in AGOL.

0 Kudos
Dr__Nadia_AsadSiddiqui
New Contributor II

Dear Fab_the_lab,

Hope you are in good health. we are using ArcGIS portal 10.8.1 and I have registered enterprise geo-database in oracle having customer data feature class. We established a join of this feature class with non-spatial oracle table. how we publish feature layer irrespective of ArcGIS mxd and how automatically update the data in feature layer using REST API.

0 Kudos