Attribute Rules

05-23-2021 08:13 AM
CMM
by
New Contributor

I'm relatively new to ArcGIS Online. I have an attribute that seems to have developed rules without me recalling setting them. For example, I am inputting points that represent individual plants. The common names of plants is the main attribute I am using and after about 6 species it only allows me to add a point to my map if the common name is one that is already mapped. I cannot figure out how to make it so that I'm not only able to choose from a list of names as I will be needing to map upwards of 20-30 different plant species.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you have the symbology in your map set to the species field with unique coloring for each species?

0 Kudos
CMM
by
New Contributor

Yes I do

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

My experience has been that when adding additional records when symbology is set like that, it doesn't always work because ArcGIS Online doesn't know what the other values are yet.  It's not a great workaround, but if you can have a single symbology at first (plain color for everything), and add a point for all categories, then symbolize on the species field, you would be able to add to the map later without issue.