Are there limitations on how many domain values in one list you can have in AGOL?

Jump to solution
12-07-2018 07:02 AM
deleted-user-M0V5-IqusbtS
New Contributor III

I am running into an issue with domains in AGOL.  The problem is that the domain in ArcMap contains 1600+ values but when I publish to AGOL as HFS the domain gets truncated and removes (seemingly random) a large amount of domain values (but even 1 is a problem).  

Is there a size constraint (total number of domain values allowed) on domain lists that I am not aware of?

Attached a few screenshots of what each looks like for reference.

Thanks for any assistance-

Eric-

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor III

Thanks for following up Katie - sorry for the slow reply.  The problem was logged with support and Rachel quickly found I had an issue with a remnant default domain that was overriding my assigned domain.  See below for the solution Rachel provided.

Determined customer had corrupted domains in his geodatabase. Using Domain to Table, deleting the domain, and then using Table to Domain to re-import the domain fixed the issue.

Best - Eric

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Eric,

I'd suggest getting in contact with technical support to dig into this further.

Thanks,

Kelly

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Eric Sack did you ever end up opening a case with Tech Support and finding out what caused this behavior? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Thanks for following up Katie - sorry for the slow reply.  The problem was logged with support and Rachel quickly found I had an issue with a remnant default domain that was overriding my assigned domain.  See below for the solution Rachel provided.

Determined customer had corrupted domains in his geodatabase. Using Domain to Table, deleting the domain, and then using Table to Domain to re-import the domain fixed the issue.

Best - Eric

BenCunningham
New Contributor III

Glad you got this figured out, but how many values can a domain contain?? I want to make one with 685 different coded values. Is that too many?

0 Kudos