ArcGIS Online Web App Printing Widget issues?

07-27-2018 04:25 AM
CSCompanies
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to get my layers that I have turned on to display on the printing widget but when it pdfs the layers that I display in the web app do not display on the pdf?  I don't have any developing skills so any help would be appreciated.  Thanks, WayneScreenshot from web app displaying a layer.Screenshot from pdf created with printing widget not displaying what was on my screen in the web app.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Which layers aren't displaying in the print? Are they located in ArcGIS Online or hosted on an internal server?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
CSCompanies
New Contributor II

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the response.  The colored layers in the first image are not showing.  The second image is the pdf I am getting in the print widget.  The layers are all on ArcGIS online.  I basically shared my ArcGIS Pro document with all the layers as a web map and then created the web app.  Thanks, Wayne

0 Kudos
AndrewHansford
Occasional Contributor II

CS CompaniesKelly Gerrow

Hi Wayne,

We had the same issue here. We noted that it happened after the April update to AGOL. We got our local distributors/vendors to assist us as we found this behaviour very odd.

The solution was in your Map document (MXD or APRX)

1. You need to ensure that all your layers are turned on.
  2. Set a reference scale of 1:1500 (unsure why).
  3. Republish the service.
  4. This step we took to ensure that it wasnt the WebMap causing the issues. we created a web map 
  5. Then we updated the Web App.

Our distributors/vendors were going to raise a bug with ESRI.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Andrew

CSCompanies
New Contributor II

Thanks Andrew,

I will give this a shot and let you know if it works.  I appreciate your reply.  

0 Kudos
CSCompanies
New Contributor II

That worked Andrew.  Thanks for the tip. 

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks Andrew,

Was a bug logged for this?

Do you have any sample services/web maps that are exhibiting the behaviour?

-Kelly

AndrewHansford

Hi Kelly Gerrow‌,

Yes our local distributor Eagle Technology were going to raise a bug

Thanks

Andrew

AndrewHansford

Hi Kelly Gerrow‌,

I could publish the dataset for you as it was and then send the link to you if you like?

Thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
diegocarvalho
New Contributor III

Hi All,

Would you have any position from ESRI if this bug was solved? I still can't print my Feature Layers and does not seem reasonable for me to use workarounds to make this happen, when it should be solved already. Thanks!

0 Kudos