Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Online trouble with 3D extrusion in ArcScene

Jump to solution
07-18-2017 06:31 AM
PeteCoventry3
Deactivated User

I'm having difficulty viewing my Feature Class in Scene Viewer where my saved symbology is not appearing as 3D Extruded, but rather as 2D. I have a Feature Class uploaded to my ArcGIS Online account and opened it in Map Viewer. Here, I was able to apply my desired symbology and save. When I view this Feature Class in Scene Viewer, by symbology is correct, but I cannot view it as 3D Extruded. If I change the Symbols option from "Original Symbols" to "Change Symbols", I'm able to view my data in 3D, however I lose my symbology.

How can I keep my symbology and view it as 3D in Scene Viewer?

Here are a couple screen captures to help illustrate my issue:

Correct symbology, but not in 3D

In 3D, but cannot change symbology

3D, but cannot change symbology

0 Kudos
36 Replies
PeteCoventry3
Deactivated User

I saved my output feature class in a file geodatabase (wasn’t before). Using Windows Explorer, I zipped the file and uploaded to AGOL as a ‘File Geodatabase’, but getting this error. I’ve added the zipped file to the Group.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I checked out the zipped file in that group looks like you zipped the files in the geodatabase and not the .gdb

0 Kudos
PeteCoventry3
Deactivated User

In Windows Explorer, I right click on the .gdb and zip. Uploaded the file and still no results in SV.

I’ve added this file to the group.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Because the buildings are not aligned with the terrain you will have to remove the elevation layer in the SV. So where you see the text Ground in the SV on the left hand panel, click the black down triangle and click on remove. Then you will see your buildings on the ground. We are working towards allowing you to set an offset value on this layer type for a future release. 

0 Kudos
PeteCoventry3
Deactivated User

It works!!! Thanks sooo very much for your help on this issue!!!!

PeteCoventry3
Deactivated User

Hi Russell,

Is there a way to align my hosted feature class with the 3D terrain layer in Scene Viewer without Pro? 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Not that I know of but if you have elevation data for the area you can use the Add Surface Information tool then use the Feature to 3D by Attribute to apply a z value. In the upcoming release we will let you set an offset value on these scene layers to help align them with the ground.

0 Kudos