Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Online Parcel Viewer Search

03-26-2013 07:13 AM
PaulMcBride
New Contributor III
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to get the Parcel Viewer Application to work like in the example.  The search is finding the data but it will not pan and zoom to the feature once it is found.  Any ideas?  Below is link to app.

http://mccog.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Solutions/s1.html?appid=94bf3656cad94fdc817b34176f9f1830

Thanks,

Paul
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor
This appears to work for my test data. It does seem to place a marker and pan to the item. I am not sure if it is supposed to zoom to the item like I have seen in the test examples. Is this the expected result?
Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian,

The application should automatically zoom to the queried parcel, once it has been selected in the panel. If you are still running into errors, feel free to message me the URL to your application.

Thanks
0 Kudos
deleted-user-AzQ5lcTQbS2a
New Contributor III
Kelly: one point of clarification on your statement �??�?�setting the data frame of your map service or feature service to the Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere.�?�

So am I reading correctly that the underlying FC can still be stored in state plane, but the data frame used in publishing should be in Web Mercator Aux Sphere in order to achieve the correct query/zoom results?

We are trying to make sure we prepare all of our published services in advance.

-sp
former-esri
0 Kudos
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III
How do you get it to search your layer.  I set my search layer name to the parcel name but it just keeps saying this search layer was not found in the map.
0 Kudos
RickWeisbond
New Contributor III
ESRI support told me the issue is  related to this bug - NIM090183.  No solution or workaround has been posted yet.
0 Kudos
JasonBalmut
Occasional Contributor III
How do you get it to search your layer.  I set my search layer name to the parcel name but it just keeps saying this search layer was not found in the map.

I'm getting the same issue.  I even went to the REST services URL and copied out the field names with no luck.  This app needs some work.
0 Kudos
MikeTschudi
Occasional Contributor
There are a few issues floating in this thread; I'll try to catch them all.

1. When a search result is selected from the list, the app should pan and zoom to the item.

2. There were two cases where this wasn't working, and we've solved one of them:

• The map data were not in Web Mercator: no longer a requirement

• The original Parcel Viewer was for Web Mercator Aux Sphere only.  In mid-April, we added general projection handling, which got into the template shortly afterwards.  (It went in the download as well, but some people encountered an older version in downloads.) Web applications should not have any problem with coordinate systems. As an example, Paul's site, which started this thread, uses spatial reference 2965 (NAD_1983_StatePlane_Indiana_East_FIPS_1301_Feet), and one can jump to search results.
    • The map data are a filtered subset: still a restriction

• If the map layer is created by filtering a larger data set (e.g., show only hydrants out of a layer with all facilities), the map shows only the filtered items, but a query to the layer returns everything, and thus the search results include items that are not visible. One can select an invisible item from the list, but since it is invisible, the pan and zoom step doesn't do anything.

• Layers need to be top-level items in the web map to be searchable.

• We are interested in supporting layers that are grouped or nested, but the webmap doesn't yet give the app all the information for searching these layers. (It's this case that leads to the "can't find layer" message and then lists the same layer name.)

• How is the address geolocator configured?

• In mid-April, the geolocator configuration was moved to the file commonConfig.js in the root level of the site. The value set there is assigned to esri.config.defaults.geometryService during the app's startup, unless overridden by an organization's Portal setting.

Mike
    0 Kudos
    CarrieDavis
    Occasional Contributor
    I would just like to clarify some requirements in configuring the Parcel Viewer.  I just thought it might be helpful to post this info as to help anyone new who stubbles across this forum post looking for assistance with the configuration.

1) If you are adding your own ArcGIS Server Service as the Search "Parcel" Layer then this layer will need to be an externally available for users outside of your network and feature accessible.  Use the FeatureServer endpoint from REST to add the service to the web map. For example http(s)://yourserver.domain.com/arcgis/rest/services/Parcels/FeatureServer.  The viewer will only work with FeatureServer layers, which is the default publishing endpoint for dynamic feature services that are hosted on ArcGIS Online.

2) The Parcel Viewer Search can only be configured for one feature layer, but can search between multiple fields within that feature layer.  So, if you would like to search for Parcels by zones or parcel id then both fields will need to be attributes of the Parcels layer.  These fields can not come from two different layers within the web map or feature service.

3) When entering the text for the Search layer enter the web map layer name for your service.  This would be the same name that is defined in the web map under "Contents" for the feature service layer.  For example by default the name might be FeatureServiceName - Parcels.
    0 Kudos
    SamanthaEdwards
    New Contributor II
    Carrie,
    I was told that with the latest December update there would be the ability to search by more than one layer, but unfortunately this is not the case(even though the wording in the configuration states that you can). Is there a plan in the future to add multiple layer search capabilities?

Thanks,
    Sam
    0 Kudos
    LeeAllen
    Occasional Contributor

Replying to original post.

I'm using the new "Finder" App and am having the same issue with the search returning results, but clicking the result does not zoom to the selection. The layer has been added by feature layer number (Parcels/MapServer/0). App link is posted below.

http://topeka.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Solutions/s2.html?appid=89c7eaf31e07459aa66a8ea65a17d8f4

Search for anything like '2012'.

I believe I have looked at everything in this post.

0 Kudos
    JakeSkinner
    Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lee,

Unfortunately, this is a bug that was introduced after the latest updates to ArcGIS.com last week.

NIM103243 The Finder application does not zoom to the results when the queried service is coming from ArcGIS Server (sde)

If the data is in a File Geodatabase, the search returns no results:

NIM103149 The ArcGIS Online Finder application template search tool does not work. An unwanted comma is added to the query request sent to the ArcGIS for Server map services, and causes a search query to fail when querying data in file geodatabases.

Hopefully these bugs will be resolved quickly.

0 Kudos