Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Online Hiding Fields for a Hosted Feature Layer

Jump to solution
yesterday
Labels (1)
PeterOskam
New Contributor II

Hello!

I am trying to hide a specific field under one of my hosted feature layers in ArcGIS Online. However, when I am in the map viewer, opening the table for the feature layer and hiding the fields manually does not actually hide the fields. Instead, when I click away and then click back, the field that I hid simply comes back. Going into the feature layer's item page and doing the same thing under the Data tab does not work either. Is there any way to permanently hide these fields so that they are not visible to myself or others in ArcGIS online? These features were created in ArcGIS pro before I shared them as web layers. 

Any help is welcome!

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

Look into hosted feature layer views, and using a view in your webmap rather than the hosted feature layer itself:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/create-hosted-views.htm

Views let you hide fields permanently, or alternatively make a layer editable but make certain fields read-only.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

Look into hosted feature layer views, and using a view in your webmap rather than the hosted feature layer itself:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/create-hosted-views.htm

Views let you hide fields permanently, or alternatively make a layer editable but make certain fields read-only.

PeterOskam
New Contributor II

Thanks! That works  perfectly!

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Preserving hidden fields is on our road map for the table and store that table configuration in the web map so other apps show the same experience. You can do this if you are building a custom app with the ArcGIS Maps JS SDK or you can do this with experience builder when you bring in the table widget. 

0 Kudos