ArcGIS online content upload not working

03-31-2021 06:15 AM
Labels (2)
Hannah
by
New Contributor II
I am trying to add content to a folder in my ArcGIS online account, however it is not working.

The specific issue I have is during the upload stage, as the 'Creating Service' box on the left-hand side doesn't stop loading and the 'Open in Map Viewer' can't be clicked on. When I come out of that and go to content, I can see the file there, but when I click on them and go to 'Open in Map Viewer' (which is active), I get the message 'The layer, XXX, cannot be added to the map'.

I have tried trouble shooting (with ref to: https://community.esri.com/t5/esri-technical-certification/troubleshooting-error-the-layer-layername...) but nothing is working. On Monday I could add my zipped folders to ArcGIS online but today I can't. I've checked the folders contain all necessary files (8 in total (CPG/DBF/PRJ/SBN/SBX/SHP/SHP.XML/SHX) and same file types as previous folders that worked on Monday), the file sizes are no larger than usual, I've tried on Firefox and Chrome, on incognito browser to avoid caching issues, and on two laptops to make sure there aren't update issues interfering with uploads or anything. My internet speed is the same as usual so shouldn't be impacting upload speeds. I have also tried with other files from coursework that should work and these do not upload either, therefore I expect the issue is with ArcGIS online rather than my files. 

Could someone please look into this file upload issue?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
KaitlynAbrahamson
Occasional Contributor

I'm having a very similar issue.  Some of my layers are not publishing and I get the same error message on my older feature layer.  I have no explanation yet.  I hope to figure it out!

0 Kudos
Hannah
by
New Contributor II

Hi @KaitlynAbrahamson, it is working again for me and my colleague, so we suspect it could have been a temporary issue. I'd recommend trying again to check if it works now.

0 Kudos
KaitlynAbrahamson
Occasional Contributor

Mine is still not working and now it is replacing the symbology with other symbols in the map viewer.  Some of my collegues are not able to access it too.  I'm having a whole host of issues.

0 Kudos
Molly_Reynolds
New Contributor

I'm having intermittent issues with adding data to ArcGIS online today. For a while I couldn't add data either with Add Item or by publishing a hosted feature service from ArcMap, but all of a sudden I'm able to publish the exact same data with no issues. The ArcGIS Online health dashboard says that hosted feature services are having "intermittent issues," so I'm hoping it's just a temporary problem.

Hannah
by
New Contributor II

I think the issue could be intermittent, yes. Thanks for letting us know you've had similar issues, I hope they're resolved now.