I have an Arcade expression to pass Lat & Long into my survey 123 fields and it’s working fine when I setup this in the classic map viewer.
However, when I tried to do the same thing in the new map viewer I got the following error “Execution Error:Cannot create Geometry in this SpatialReference. Engine is using a different spatial reference.”
Does anyone know what is the problem here?
Hi - no I don't know what is going on with your expression but I can tell you that I am getting a similar error with an Arcade expression that works fine in MapViewer Beta 5 (enterprise 10.8.1) and in the classic map viewer Online, or the Enterprise map viewer. This expression:
var FutureRd = $feature["future_rd"]; var NumberLanes = $feature["num_lanes"]; var FutureLanes = $feature["fut_lanes"]; var typing = When(FutureRd == 'NO' && NumberLanes == FutureLanes,'Complete, No Widening', FutureRd == 'NO' && NumberLanes != FutureLanes, 'Complete, Widening Required', 'Future / Unbuilt'); return typing;
fails with a return 'Warning, return type must be a number'. So even if I cast the NumberLanes and FutureLanes vars as text, still doesn't work in New MapViewer. If I build the expression in Classic, and then open the map in New, the New Map Viewer does honor the expression. For now that's my workaround
Hi @DavidColey ,
The error "Warning, return type must be a number" occurs when you already have a category field selected and you are defining an expression. This expression will be used as the second field and must be numeric. I have had the same error and when I removed the field of the symbology with the cross "x" just above the "+ expression" it worked as expected.
Sorry for the screenshot in Spanish...
At the last beta release in Online of the MapViewer, I noticed that my custom Image basemap was behaving oddly. The basemap included the world image service, a tile cache, local image service in wkid 3857, and a vector tile cache (streets and labels) in the same web mercator spatial reference.
For whatever reason, my local tile cache image service was 'shifted' - as if the final Map Viewer beta was not picking up a transformation. I should tell you that the local tile cache service is created from a mosiac dataset in Pro that contains a re-project function (so I would not have to re-project all of the source tiffs). However, this seems to have been resolved as I am not seeing the same behavior in the New Map Viewer . . .