Select to view content in your preferred language

Arcade error trapping - Test execution error: Unknown Error. Verify test data. query

09-06-2023 05:00 PM
Labels (1)
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

I have an arcade statement, which was working fine.  However, the query function on the rest end points broke, which of course caused issues with my arcade statement. 

I opened the arcade and was getting "Test execution error: Unknown Error. Verify test data." when I did a test run.

I attempted to catch the error with IsEmpty, that did not seem to work.  Trying to think of the best way to handle a broken rest service and return something to the user.  Which of course is hard to test, as I can't plan for when a rest endpoint might break.

RyanBohan_3-1694105093433.png

Looking at the FEMA Rest Service

RyanBohan_2-1694104871960.png

I know it would be best to fix the rest service, but it's not my organization.  So, I am looking for a way in arcade to catch any errors and display a default message "High demand on layer, results unavailable."

Tags (4)
1 Reply
ToddW_stl
Esri Contributor

I found your post and the idea below while researching something else.  Give it a kudo/vote if you think it may help!
https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/add-error-handling-try-catch-to-arcade-language/idi-p... 

0 Kudos