Append data from one hosted feature layer to another

03-24-2021 02:39 AM
GrantBenn1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am wanting to append data from one hosted feature layer to another, and automate this process using Notebooks. I can manually do this by exporting the source hosted feature layer, downloading and then Updating the target hosted feature layer. However, this seems to be a very long way around and overly complicated if one is looking to automate the process.

Thanks,

Grant

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @GrantBenn1 ,

You could simply use the Append tool in ArcGIS Pro.  It accepts feature services as if they were feature classes.

0 Kudos
GrantBenn1
New Contributor III

Hi Jake,

Thanks a lot for responding. The users who I want to run the script do not have ArcGIS Pro so they need to be able to run solely in the AGOL notebook environment. I did solve the issue though using the edit_features command.

Grant

José_LuisCc
New Contributor II

@JakeSkinner  Using ARCGIS PRO there is another problem, supports attachments up to 7MB

0 Kudos
JosephHilliard94
New Contributor III

Hi Jake, do you have an answer to this? I need to do this via ArcGIS Online also rather than Pro.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@JosephHilliard94 you could use AGOL Notebook Server.  Take a look at the following document.  It has similar functionality to what you're trying to do, and could be revamped to run in Notebook Server.

0 Kudos