Why Does My Data Appear in ArcGIS Pro and AGOL MapViewer Classic But NOT in The New Map Viewer

05-24-2022 08:22 AM
Labels (2)
GRmapper
Occasional Contributor

Hello Folks, 

I have some multi-part features that cross the 180 degree East West Hemisphere line on a continuous ArcGIS Pro map and I have been getting some strange results. In ArcGIS  Pro I make sure the part of the multi-part feature that spans the 180 EW hemisphere line is snapped  properly and they look and behave as expected. When I pan they pan correctly. When I jump in AGOL and view the webmap it also looks and behaves in Map Viewer Classic fine. In the new Map Viewer the part of the multi-part line that spans is not visible. As I have the webmap in an AGOL dashboard the cap in the feature is less than desirable. Here are three images from exactly the same WebMap.

ArcGIS Pro

ArcGIS Pro.png 

AGOL Map Viewer Classic

MapViewerClassic.png

AGOL Map Viewer

MapViewer.png

Perhaps it has something to do with spanning the 180 degree hemisphere. Any guidance or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

GR

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the layer and map?

thanks!

0 Kudos
GRmapper
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the response. I’ll have to do some work to clear off sensitive info. I’m wondering if the fact the data was originally created using MV Classic that it might be a compatibility thing. Thanks again. 
0 Kudos