AGOL With Arcade, no option for Attachments Function

Jump to solution
04-01-2019 01:37 PM
FredKellner2
New Contributor II

After reading this Blog Post on using Arcade to visualize your attachments in AGOL, I thought that I would explore some of our editable feature services in AGOL which have attachments. However, when I try to make an expression, I see that for my Feature, the Arcade Attachments function is not available.

Is there a setting in my editable feature service that is preventing this function to be an option? Something else that I'm missing out on?

Paul Barker

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

The attachment function is available when calculation fields only currently. If you are trying to use it for symbology or pop ups it will appear as not available. Try calculating a field and then symbolizing based on the field.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

The attachment function is available when calculation fields only currently. If you are trying to use it for symbology or pop ups it will appear as not available. Try calculating a field and then symbolizing based on the field.

-Kelly

FredKellner2
New Contributor II

Thanks Kelly, I did not realize that I had to do in conjunction with calculate field. 

0 Kudos
ZorbaConlen1
Occasional Contributor III

Are there plans to expand which arcade profiles can use this function in the future? It seems useful for popups and perhaps symbology. I'd like to use it in the popup to dynamically build a url for the attachment image to display in the popup. I'm aware that this can be done by calculating a new field as described here, but that's pretty limited. With a large dataset that is changing frequently, with new records, and attachments being added and deleted, its not really practical to manage. 

If the attachments function was available in the popup context, one could reference the images dynamically and popups would adjust to changes in real time with no need to repeatedly and manually calculate fields.

Thanks

RossVolkwein1
New Contributor III

Is this actually possible? I created a Attribute Expression in the Pop-ups section. But I do not see it as a field option under Symbology.

0 Kudos
ALBJORGUI
New Contributor III

It is funny how easily some threats are closed and forgotten only by attaching an old response to a recurrent issue...

That solution linked only works in AGOL or with hosted feature layers. 

I am trying to access the attachments that I have published from our sde to portal. 

All I want is to see the attachments as a picture instead of a hiperlink at the bottom of the content so I dont have to click on it and open in a different window.

Why is this not available? What's the reason behind that?

Regards, 

Albert

HalilSiddique
Occasional Contributor II

That's a very good point Albert 🤔