Aggregate Points to Polygons constantly as new points are added.

10-27-2021 05:37 AM
AndrewWhite2
New Contributor II

I have a Survey123 form that allows people to submit points of interest. Due to the nature of the survey, my office does not want to let the general public see the specific points, and we would rather aggregate them to subcounty divisions to increase anonymity before displaying on a dashboard. 

Surely a spatial join could do this in a one-time scenario, but this survey will open for the next few months, and I don't know how to refresh a spatial join constantly for a feature service layer. 

Hopefully that made sense...but I am happy to clarify if needed. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you're looking to use a Dashboard for the end use, I would suggest a Data Expression. This would allow you to perform a spatial intersection between the two layers and return the data per polygon, and can refresh at regular intervals.

You can see some example data expressions here, but if you want an example specific to your situation, would you mind elaborating on what fields you want brought into the dashboard and how you foresee them being grouped (sum, avg, list them all, etc)?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
AndrewWhite2
New Contributor II

Thanks Josh! Sorry for the late reply, I will give this a go. I appreciate the response!

0 Kudos