After 'Configure Popup,' popup content won't display for points without related records

11-01-2017 11:26 AM
CarolineRose
New Contributor III

I have a layer of points with a related table in a many-to-many relationship. ALL of the Popups worked just fine when I initially opened this layer in a web map. However, if I use Configure Popup > Configure Attribute to change one attribute alias, now the points without related documents refuse to show any popup info. A popup bubble appears with no attribute info (see attached image). 

I have created a Web Map to demonstrate: https://arcg.is/4mi85 

The cluster of five points to the east all have at least one related record. Their popups work fine. The cluster of five points to the west have no related records. Their popups show no information. 

I brought the web map into a web app so I could use developer tools to inspect errors, and Chrome throws this error: "Cannot read property "features" of undefined" (see attached image). 

I have tested this in multiple browsers on multiple computers as well as a phone.

Browser versions: Chrome 60.0.3112.90, FireFox 54.0.1, Chrome 61.0.3163.98 on Android phone,

How I set up the layers: 

Use Table to Relationship Class in ArcGIS Pro (It is a many-to-many, simple relationship)
Use Publish Web Layer. Now I have a hosted Feature Layer and a Service Definition.
Open the Feature Layer details in ArcGIS Online
Open in Map Viewer
ALL of the Popups work just fine.

Configure Popup > Configure Attribute to change one attribute alias. 

Now popups don't work for the western cluster of points (those with no related records)

I think I could work around this by creating one sort of overview document that is related to every single point, but I would rather have it work. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! 

0 Kudos
0 Replies