Adding Records (rows) to an Attribute Table - ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
05-30-2019 10:10 PM
SouleymaneFall
New Contributor II

Hi, I can edit the attribute table of feature layer in ArcGIS Online by modifying content or adding fields, but how can I add records (rows)? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SouleymaneFall
New Contributor II

Hi Marisa,

You are right. I did not think about it 🙂

Thank you so much for your reply.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MarisaClaggett
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Souleymane,

Would you like to be able to add rows to the attribute table/feature layer without adding new features to the map?  Adding features in the map would generally add a new row into your attribute table. 

Best of luck,

Marisa

SouleymaneFall
New Contributor II

Hi Marisa,

You are right. I did not think about it 🙂

Thank you so much for your reply.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
James_Wadsworth
New Contributor III

Hi Marisa,

I have a standalone table in an ArcGIS Online map that I would like to add a new row to via ArcGIS Online. In ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro, this is a very simple functionality, is there a way to do this in AGOL?

Thank you,

James

DianaLavery1
Esri Contributor

Hi James, 

You could try finding that table's Item Details page and clicking "Update" which will then ask you to upload a new version of the table (with the rows you want to add) from your local computer which will then refresh this table.  

From Content -> Item Details Page for table -> Update.

Let me know if this works for you,

Diana

James_Wadsworth
New Contributor III

Hi Diana,

Thanks for responding, I must have missed this notification!

This unfortunately will not work for our purposes. We're trying to have student users update the table only through ArcGIS Online as they do not have experience or training in ArcMap or Pro. Is the only way to add a new record to a standalone table via the desktop software?

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos
JaredYost3
New Contributor III

James,

I had this same problem, but came up with a workaround.  i simply added a additional column and placed some dummy data into it I( just gave mine a row number).  Add enough blank rows in your excel to meet the amopunt you anticipate needing in the future.  I was then able to edit this via the data view in portal. 

DianaLavery1
Esri Contributor

If you own the layer, you can add a field by going to the Item Details Page -> Data Tab:

You can also edit values in cells directly here as well.

SouleymaneFall
New Contributor II

Dear Diana,

Thanks for your reply. I did know how to edit content and/or add fields. I did not realize that adding a feature also adds a record (row) to the table, as mentioned in the previous reply by Marisa. Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos
NickMcGuire
New Contributor

I would also like to be able to be able to add a row to a stand alone table, but with portal. Is this supported or will it be in the future? I don't see an "append data to layer" option (using server 10.6).