Adding Layer List on the Swipe Web Map

Jump to solution
03-24-2022 09:01 AM
Seyed-MahdySadraddini
New Contributor III

We are creating a web map application using ArcGIS Online (which is fully hosted by our company).

We are making a swipe web map application and it appears that we can add 2 layers only and compare them with one another using the swipe map application; one layer on the right of the slider and one to the left of the slider. We have several layers and we want to add a layer list widget to be able to swipe over multiple layers which can be turned on and off. There doesn't appear to be any layer list widget in the options for swipe application.

Is there any way to add the layer list widget and have multiple layers to turn on and off on the swipe map application in ArcGIS Online? We have about 30 or more layers to add to the layer list and each layer is like a choropleth map of its own.

It would be even better to have two layer lists, both having the same layers, one for right and one for the left of the slider.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

The media instant app has an option to enable a layer list along with swipe. Here's an example: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/instant/media/index.html?appid=b3b9861bd6ad4871859bdfb63fb8e5a5

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

The media instant app has an option to enable a layer list along with swipe. Here's an example: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/instant/media/index.html?appid=b3b9861bd6ad4871859bdfb63fb8e5a5

0 Kudos
Seyed-MahdySadraddini
New Contributor III

Thank you! This is indeed what I was looking for.

I was also thinking if we have one layer list on either side of the swipe, then the user could gain more insight by choosing which two layers to swipe on, rather than being limited to one fixed layer to swipe on. Anyhow, I don't think that is available, but I wanted to just make the suggestion!

Thanks again,

Mahdy

0 Kudos