Select to view content in your preferred language

Adding Image to Features

Jump to solution
05-30-2014 08:57 AM
deleted-user-W17i9rKaOdiH
Deactivated User
Hi,

I know it's possible to add an image in configure pop-up, but I'd like to add a different image for each of my nine features on my map. Is there anyway to do this or are we stuck with the same image for every feature in the data set?

I guess I could load each of the nine features separately but that seems inefficient.

Is there a better way?

Thanks,
Lyndy
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeathBrackett1
Occasional Contributor II
Hi Carlynne,

What you have is the expected behavior when the URL is referenced through the Pop-up Contents.  You will need to add the image in the Pop-up Media part of the Pop-up Properties.  Click the Add dropdown, choose Image and then add the field name that holds the URL in the URL box by clicking on the '+' next to the URL box and selecting it.  That should get your image to show up in the pop-up.  See the attached screenshot.

You'll probably also want to remove the URL field that displays More Info from the list of fields in the Pop-up Contents.

Heath

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
HeathBrackett1
Are you adding images by displaying a URL?  If that's the case, put the image URLs in a field in your feature/map service and use that field as your Image URL when configuring your popups.  Or, if you're creating your feature service from a geodatabase feature class, you can enable attachments on your geodatabase feature class and then add images to each feature as attachments.  The limitation with attachments, though, is that the image does not show up in the popup, only the link to the image shows up in the popup.
0 Kudos
Deactivated User
Thanks for your reply. Yes, using URL. What field type does the field need to be, blob?
0 Kudos
HeathBrackett1
A text field with the full URL is what you want to use.
0 Kudos
Deactivated User
Hi Heath,

I added a text column to my layer and copied and pasted the URL of the pictures I wanted; however, I didn't get the expected result as you described.  I actually just got a message in the added field to click on for more information and it takes me to the photo link.

See screen shot.

Are you sure it's not the feature service with an attachment that I want to do?
0 Kudos
HeathBrackett1
Hi Carlynne,

What you have is the expected behavior when the URL is referenced through the Pop-up Contents.  You will need to add the image in the Pop-up Media part of the Pop-up Properties.  Click the Add dropdown, choose Image and then add the field name that holds the URL in the URL box by clicking on the '+' next to the URL box and selecting it.  That should get your image to show up in the pop-up.  See the attached screenshot.

You'll probably also want to remove the URL field that displays More Info from the list of fields in the Pop-up Contents.

Heath
0 Kudos
Deactivated User
Hi Heath,

Got it! Yeah!
0 Kudos