Add related data to popup

Jump to solution
03-16-2018 12:27 PM
KenMorefield
Occasional Contributor

I've created a Survey123 app that collects basic survey data (date, time, observer, weather, etc.) and then allows for many wildlife observations (species, quantity, XY Location, etc.).  So there is a 1:many relationship between the "Survey" info and the "Observations".  I have created a webmap in ArcGIS Online that displays the many "Observations" and I would like to include the "Survey" attributes within the popup.  But all it allows is a count value instead of the actual text values.  How do I get the text values?  This is crazy if this can't be done!  I get all of the "child" attributes just fine, but can't get the "parent" values to display in the popup.  Any suggested workarounds? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SethLewis1
Occasional Contributor III

If a 1:M relationship exists then the popup will only display a count of the records in the related table. If a 1:1 relationship exists then you could show the records in-line with the primary feature's properties.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JimmyKroon
Occasional Contributor II

At the bottom of the popup should be a link "Show Related Records" that will open a table with the related records.

Related records in AGOL

0 Kudos
KenMorefield
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm well aware of the "Show Related Records" option.  That is not the problem.  When displaying the popup for a layer that shares a many to one relationship with another layer, I'd like to display the attributes for the related layer (the one side of the relationship) in the popup, without having to click on the "Show Related Records" link.  What ends up being displayed a is summary count, rather than the actual attributes.

0 Kudos
SethLewis1
Occasional Contributor III

If a 1:M relationship exists then the popup will only display a count of the records in the related table. If a 1:1 relationship exists then you could show the records in-line with the primary feature's properties.

0 Kudos
KenMorefield
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the confirmation Seth.  I suspected that there was no way to get the attributes to display in-line.  That seems crazy to me!  I understand going from a 1:M that you can't easily display attributes in-line, but to go from M:1 seems like a no-brainer!  ESRI - FIX THIS!

0 Kudos
HayleighFisher
New Contributor III

Hi! Did you ever find a workaround for this? I'm trying to do the same, 3 years later, so I would hope something has been implemented to support this!

Thanks,

Hayleigh

0 Kudos