Update existing item details to store credentials

12-20-2016 12:56 AM
GuyNizry
Occasional Contributor II

Please add the ability to update existing ArcGIS Online item to store credentials in cases that ArcGIS For Server services are secured after they were registered as items to ArcGIS Online.

Today their is an option in ArcGIS Online to store credentials only for new items, but no option to update existing items to store service credentials when it become secured after registration.

4 Comments
AdamEversole1

Hi Guy, 

Your post here looks to ask for the ability to apply Stored credentials to  "ArcGIS Server web service Items (with no credentials.)"

I was curious to add the following thread to this post to see if we can add to the use case of your idea.  

-Change the service link when using "store credentials" option 

The use case in this discussion is related to "ArcGIS Server web service Items (with saved credentials)":

- The ArcGIS Server was updated with SSL, 

- Thus making services available over HTTPS, 

- We discussed that we couldn't update the URL for  "ArcGIS Server web service Items (with saved credentials)",

- Thus new Items needed to be created for the new HTTPS links. 

- We noted "ArcGIS Server web service Items (with no credentials)" can freely update URLs. 

I was curious if we can add more to this discussion as we might be able Solve two issue with one functionality.  What do you think? 

-Adam

AhmadSALEH1

I ran with this issue while I was trying to update the SSL of my services ( Moving from HTTP to HTTPS)  I was storing the credentials  with the service and I couldnt update the service link! 

I assumed changing the service link in ArcGIS online for 20 feature service will take 20 minutes and I end up spending a ton of working hours to do that! I literally destroyed all the feature services and built them again then I updated the webmaps and there settings!

BruceGodfrey

I ran into the same issue.  This limitation is causing me a lot of extra work.  I hope this is addressed soon.

SusanLMoore

We would like to see this idea implemented, along with the idea "Change the service link when using "store credentials" option"

We are currently upgrading and re-architecting our environment and would like to disperse our services over multiple server sites. This means the URL is going to change, and we have no way to update the registered AGO item if it is secured with the credentials stored. 

Creating a new item is not practical, as it would break maps and apps throughout our 1400+ member AGO Org. 

We may also need to move some of our openly shared items to secured items with the credentials stored, and we again run into the issue of identifying every location where the existing item is used if we need to create a new item.