Select to view content in your preferred language

Show Pop-ups in Attribute order rather than Alphabetical by Default

02-18-2021 03:51 PM
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

Hopefully this isn't something I've just missed!

It seems the default view for pop-ups is alphabetical rather than attribute order. To me it makes more sense to have the default order as attribute order - I'm sure most people creating features apply a logical approach to table design - and having to completely reorganise the pop-up is frustrating. Can the default order be changed to attribute order? Thanks,

Jamie

30 Comments
Pierre_Terrettaz

This is frustrating and needs to be fixed.

MajaTurkalj1

I am struggling with this at the moment too. I have around 100 fields. I am trying to create a dashboard out of survey123 data and the pop-ups look terrible. The workaround proposed solution: pop-ups - field list - select fields - select all, worked only partly for me. Then I tried opening the map in Classic Viewer, disabling then enabling pop-ups, and this worked. After, I opened the map in Map Viewer. Now it is working. This should be fixed considering that the licence is not cheap. 

PatrickKelleher
Try setting the pop-up in Pro first, before you publish.
craigHarmak

...and ESRI, can you wake somebody up there and fix this?

SteliosPhilippou

This needs to be fixed ASAP

MHeadley

Agree!!  There should be a toggle from alphabetical to layer order.... but opening in Map Viewer Classic disabling/enabling popups, then opening back up in Map Viewer did work (thanks MajaTurkalj1)... but will only be a workaround until they get rid of Map Viewer Classic.  Please fix!!

ThomasHamill

Here's how to reset the layer pop-up to the default attribute order of its schema in the Map Viewer (i.e. reverse the automatic alphabetical sort on fields in the pop-up that seems to be the default when a new layer is added to a web map):

1) In the Map Viewer (not Map Viewer Classic), select the layer of choice from the Layers Pane table of contents (left sidebar)
2) Select the Pop-ups button from the layer settings (right sidebar)
3) Select the existing Fields list button with the fields currently in alphabetical order
4) Click the Select fields button (which will change to Deselect all)
5) Click the Deselect all button (which will change back to Select all) to turn off all fields
6) Click Select all once more—notice the order reset in the "dimmed" Fields list menu that appears behind the active Select fields menu
7) Click Done at the bottom of the Select fields menu
😎 To save these changes, don't forget to click Save from the Save and open menu (left sidebar)

ThomasHamill_0-1720018687892.png

Related question: New Map Viewer Popup Field Ordering

Town_ofCBS_GIS

I tried what ThomasHamill suggested but couldn't get it to work. Instead I added my layers (I have them grouped together) back to the map and that appears to have worked to fix this issue. Although when I try and reorder any of the fields it still isn't reflected in my web app. 

Pei-SanTsai

@ThomasHamill's post worked as that was what Map Viewer Team shown me at this UC.

Per ESRI staff that next to the Search fields, there's a "Sort" option that you can sort by Default (attribute table order), Display name (alphabetically order), Type and Field Types.

You can also save your pop-up order on the content item visualization tab.  So when you add the item to any web map(s), you don't need to change the order again.  See attached video.Sort Options.png

Town_ofCBS_GIS

@Pei-SanTsai Thank you for your post! I see where Thomas was talking about now. Appreciate it!