Movable popup window in ArcGis Online

10-22-2012 04:35 PM
EricSvensen
New Contributor II

The popup window in arcgis online cannot be moved.  It often pops up in a location that won't allow me to see the feature.  It would be useful to be able to move it out of the way.

Tags (1)
91 Comments
BillFox

I noticed in ArcGIS Maps for Office 4.1 that the popups are movable.

Is that app built with something different that our out of the box Portal's Web AppBuilder applications?

kmsagis

MichaelRobb

Since ArcGIS Maps for Office requires Microsoft Office products...  the program is written against the .net framework.

So yes, Portal is written using JavaScript modules.  quite different.

DanielBrenner

I do totally relate to the AGO issue of the docked Identify window, but at the same time, I have a reverse issue in ArcGIS 10.5:

Once I identify a point, I would like to zoom into the point automatically, and once I do, have the Identify window dock to a position on the monitor so that I can actually SEE what it is I am identifying, instead of having to move it from being on top of the feature.  

Another thing I'd like to do is customize the Identify window so that X amount of attributes for a layer are in one "field" and the other set of attributes are in the next "field" over.   This would be similar to the Fields tab in the Properties for any layer 

If there is a way to attach my illustrations to show what it is I am referring to I would love to hear it.

Thanks,

Daniel B

EileenHill

This is a wonderful idea!  By far, this is the number one complaint from our users.

DanielBrenner

An ESRI rep did actually help me on a version of this--I partly say version because it required installation of Visual Studio 2015 before installing ArcObjects (how retarded is that).  I drowned in guilt for our IT department but at least we got ArcObjects installed when we didn't have it before).  Anyhow:

The zooming in part in relation to the ID window wasn't taken care of.    Grr.  

by Anonymous User

Although it says Under Consideration from other posts it appears it is In Product Plan (for the API itself and thus AGOL). Perhaps they can update or clarify in regards to the status badge in this post.

I'm cross-posting here if any are interested... it's easy to implement this in WebApp Builder. (see updated snippet in my last post on thread for most up-to-date version which removes the window anchor leader)

https://community.esri.com/message/596061?commentID=596061#comment-596061 

Aside from adding resize I think this is all users want. I also make mine 90% opacity with plain CSS usually as well. A little design flair. : ) 

DanielBrenner

I need this (consistent Docking Functionality) in ArcGIS 10.6.1. 

NOW.

Please. 

JillHalchin

In ArcMap, you can dock the Identify window to one side, set to autohide, then it will expand in the same place when you use the Identify tool rather than popping open wherever you left it last or in the middle of the map. 

MattStull

I will second that; being able to resize the window would be very helpful!

BrianBolduc2

Just put up an app for a customer.  Within the first day they came back asking for this ability to move the pop-up window.