Select to view content in your preferred language

JSON Timeline Help

Wednesday
PTW
by
New Contributor III

Hello! I am starting to design a new project using Survey123 and ArcGIS Hub.

1. The main idea is that my coworker does on-site inspections for a limited set of project sites. Currently they use microsoft forms to record the data.I would like to switch to Survey123 then use ArcGIS Hub as a one stop shop. Fill out Survery123 form, View Map of Results, & Statistics regarding Inspection Completion Rate including the timeline.

2. At least 50% of sites need to be inspected every year and we are currently pushing to inspect 100% initially. Multiple inspections of the same site are fine however (# of Total Inspections) / (Total Sites) > 50% is too simple in the long run.

3. I would like to create a timeline chart to display the inspections. I quickly recreated their form however I am finding I will need to add more questions/columns to accomplish what I want.

That being said... I started by filtering by the EditDate and then I am using the placeholder of ObjectID for the "Number of Inspections" however I need it to be a Count of Inspections conducted on that date. Would a Number of Inspections value solve the problem despite it would be 1 for every entry? And then categorized by EditDate?

{
"type": "timeline",
"datasets": [
{
"url": "URL",
"query": {
"where": "EDITDATE > '2024-06-01' AND EDITDATE < '2024-8-01'",
"orderByFields": "EDITDATE ASC",
"sqlFormat": "standard"
}
}
],
"series": [
{
"category": {
"field": "EditDate",
"label": "Date of Inspection"
},
"value": {
"field": "ObjectID",
"label": "Number of Inspections"
}
}
]
}

Any ideas?

I thought I'd reach out and see if there are some simple solutions. Also, any examples of similar projects would be extremely helpful!

Thanks!

0 Replies